Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a marketing tool used in order to increase the use of non-paid search engine results. SEO has become increasingly popular within recent years as the internet has become the main source for finding information and services. There are several different ways to go about using SEO to improve a website’s ranking such as using keywords or phrases that search engines can easily identify which will ultimately drive traffic to a site. Today, most web traffic comes from popular search engines like Yahoo! and Google rather then through other online techniques like social media. Therefore, if a website is successful in using SEO to their advantage, large search engines are more likely to direct a targeted group of users to a site that is providing the service that they are in an exact search for. This brings more business to a website in general, whether they are offering a product, service, or some information to internet users by giving a website more publicity and exposure to a targeted group of consumers while also increasing a websites ranking in a search engine.
The early stages in the entrepreneurial startup lifecycle are tenuous times for everyone. It’s all too easy for inexperienced entrepreneurs to try to rush their progress and move quickly toward angel funding or first-round investment before they are really ready. In reality, a more measured and gradual approach in the early stages has a greater likelihood of attracting capital than the rush to get in front of potential investors with a slide deck.Continue Reading
Think you ready to start off-page SEO? Think againWe see a lot of people jump into off-page SEO without doing proper on-page SEO. At the end, they usually don’t get the results that they expected. One thing that everyone should understand is that with proper on-site SEO it’ll take less time to rank the site on the first page. Before you jump into off-page SEO make sure to check the following:
- Is your website indexed by Google?
- Do you have proper 301 redirects from non-www. to www. version of your website or vise versa?
- Did you make sure your title tags and meta descriptions optimized properly?
- Do you have “search engine friendly” urls?
- Is your content properly optimized?
- Do all of your images contain alt and title tags?
- Does your website contain any broken links or endless redirects?
- Did you create sitemaps for your website and if so are they in proper format?
- Does your website has high OBL (out bound links) rate?