Why video needs to be a part of your eCommerce SEO strategy?
eCommerce SEO is all about getting your products in front of potential customers who are actively searching for what you sell. And while there are a number of different tactics you can use to improve your eCommerce SEO, one that is often overlooked is video. Video is an excellent way to connect with potential customers and get your products in front of them. Not only that, but it can also help you rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). In this blog post, we will explore why video needs to be a part of your eCommerce SEO strategy. We will also provide some tips on how to get started with creating videos for your eCommerce store.
As the world of eCommerce continues to grow, so does the importance of SEO. One area that is often overlooked when it comes to eCommerce SEO is video. Video is a powerful tool that can help you connect with your customers and promote your products or services in a way that text simply cannot match.
When used correctly, video can help you boost your SEO efforts and improve your search engine ranking. Here are just a few of the ways that you can use video to improve your eCommerce SEO:
1) Create engaging product videos: Product videos are a great way to show off your products in action and give potential customers a better idea of what they’re buying. Make sure to optimize your product videos for SEO by including relevant keywords in the title and description.
2) Use video testimonials: Customer testimonials are incredibly powerful, and adding video testimonials to your site can help build trust with potential customers. Be sure to include transcripts of the video for maximum searchability.
3) Create how-to videos: How-to videos are an excellent way to show off your expertise and attract new customers. Again, be sure to include transcripts and optimize for relevant keywords.
4) Promote special offers with video: Nothing gets people’s attention quite like a good deal. If you’ve got a special offer or sale going on, promote it with a short video!
Using video for eCommerce SEO can bring a number of benefits to your online store. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that it can help you to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). This is because videos are often given preferential treatment by search engines, and they are also more likely to be shared by users on social media and other websites.
Another benefit of using video for eCommerce SEO is that it can help to boost conversion rates. This is because users are more likely to watch a video than read text, and if they find your video useful, then they are more likely to make a purchase from your store. Finally, video can also help to build trust with potential customers. If they see you as an expert in your field, they are more likely to do business with you.
If you’re not using video as part of your eCommerce SEO strategy, you’re missing out on a big opportunity. Here’s how to use video to improve your eCommerce SEO:
1. Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions.
When you upload a video to your website or blog, be sure to include a keyword-rich title and description. This will help your video show up in search results for those keywords.
2. Embed videos on your product pages.
Embedding videos on your product pages can help those pages rank higher in search results. Google loves fresh, relevant content, and videos are a great way to provide it.
3. Create How-To videos.
People love How-To videos because they’re helpful and informative. If you can create How-To videos related to the products you sell, you’ll improve your eCommerce SEO and build trust and credibility with potential customers.
4. Optimize your videos for search engines.
Just like with any other type of content, you need to optimize your videos for search engines if you want them to rank well. Use keywords throughout your video titles, descriptions, and tags; and make sure your videos are hosted on a site that’s optimized for SEO.